Friday, October 29, 2010

Reviewing protein supplements



Many of you have asked for me to blog about supplements and specifically protein supplements. So since I listen to the masses here you go! I used both my own thoughts and trials with products as well as other trainers I know thoughts and reviews when putting this together.




BIOPLEX WHEYPLEX



  • Terrible taste

  • Terrible mixing protein

  • Very $$

  • No reason to buy this


NEXT DESIGNER WHEY



  • Solid choice but nothing great

  • Added supplements are nice


ISS RESEARCH COMPLETE WHEY POWER




  • Tastes very well

  • Mixes very well

  • High quality

  • Good flavors

  • Little $$



OPTIMUM 100% WHEY PROTEIN



  • Decent product

  • Don't buy Cookies n cream!

  • Low price

  • One of most popular



GNC BRAND 100% WHEY PROTEIN




  • My personal favorite because of solid price and flavor ( chocolate)

  • Not loaded with extra garbage



CYTOSPORT MUSCLE MILK




  • Personally not a fan

  • Some like the taste, but not me

  • Too many ingredients you cant pronounce

  • Good nutritional value

  • Sometimes doesn't shake and mix well



MET-Rx MEAL REPLACEMENT PROTEIN SHAKE




  • Taste is middle of the road, often is pasty

  • Newest version has cut down on the fat content

  • Full of vitamins



NATURES BEST ZERO CARB ISO PURE WHEY PROTEIN



  • For those looking for low carb option

  • Artificially sweetened............I am not a fan of this, but most low carb options are

  • Lots of vitamins and glutamine

  • Mixes well






No comments:

Post a Comment